Wednesday, September 26, 2007

the pens contribution to the economy


How do we as Journalists contribute to the economic development of a nation? Awardwinning AUstralian business and economics columnist and writer whois well known for his independence in thought and materials was straighforwardand refreshingly blunt about Australias lack of interest in the Pacific.Todays discussion explored the possibilities for change through our work. It is, I believeour strength of conviction in an idea that leads to a good story, and then other factorscome into play such as relevance, timing, balance, peg source but ultimatelyit should do good and provide an avenue for change, positive change. It is howevera personal dilemma at times, where I ask myself, who am I to make that change,do I have a right? But why not? Kenneth saied that the media creates a genuine sense of nationhood which leads to legitimate change!I tottally and utterly agree!

No comments: