Monday, October 01, 2007

light in your eyes


If my computer speakers switch off one more time I swear I will throw this whole freaking thing out the window of three story high Sunbury Halls, the impact of the fragile laptop will be enough to shatter the screened window and if somehowe impossibly makes it beyond the glass, the laptop along with five years worth of my own journalistic expressions will find a rushed demise shattered on the cold hard pavement of this isolated University Campus.
Well, I am in Sunbury Halls a Victoria University Campus, about 50 minutes from the center of Melbourne. The Campus is beautiful, the buildings, more to the English style rather then the non-existing Australian frames reminds me dearly of Austria and its sprawling castles and architectural creativity in the age of bricks and subtle curves.
I titled this blog as such as it is the song I am listening to by Blessid Union of Souls, called: "Light in your Eyes." The rhythm is inspirational but the words are depressing, thus making for one awesome love song, except i'm not feeling any of the emotions that typically go with such audio delights.
I just had three cups of english breakfast tea and I am content, I am content with me, my place in the world, right now, right this minute, I am content! Its beautiful. Of course theres the usual shit that comes with contentment, like forgetting momentarily that my office building burnt down, that our temporary location is now officially closed as well, that the future of Newsline is so fucking uncertain its almost depressing, I am forgetting momentarily that I left my car to a friend who is leaving and who may or may not have taken care of it well enough, I am forgetting momentarily that I ate way too much today :) hehe.. i could be thoroughly contradictory at times.
So what is good then?
Well whats good is that I am happy in the skin I am in, that I am still happy as a Journalist, that todays talk by Monash University Professor Mark Barton was awesome and it really opened up my eyes, and that every time he said democracy or pointed to the intricacies of the every fragile journey towards international cooperation I smiled in my head, coming up with new thoughts and ideas that lay dormant in my poor suppressed mind at times.

So here goes:

On Democracy:
Development is an accessory to democracy.

Developmental Journalism is a ntural progresion of the fourth estate.

Developmental Journalism complements liberal democracy.

A free press is a fuel for democracy.

Democracy cannot exist without a free press, unless otherwise stated :)

On Regionalism:
Regionalism is really neo-colonialism presented as assertive joint democracy.

Regionalism is a smaller version of globalisation masked in patriotic values really intended for the developmental aspirations of New Zealand and Australia :)

The Pacific Plan is the Conquerers Plan.

The Pacific Plan is the begining of the democratic meltdown.

Regionalism distors island democracy.

Regionalism fuels neo-colonialism mentalities.


On Other:
Autonomy is the core of hopeful democracy.

Democracy starts with me :)
Selfishness, the comfort of the heartless.
Free speech is liberation at its best.

No comments: